- 2002-2004: Graduated from the International School of Düsseldorf with an IB Diploma.
- 2004-2007: Completed a three-year apprenticeship at RWTH Aachen University to become a Mathematical-Technical Assistant (now renamed to Mathematical Technical Software Engineer).
- 2007: Completed a two-week course named Statistical Methods of Quality Management offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Qualität, and was certified as DGQ-Statistiker (QII).
- 2008: Completed a five-month software development internship at a pharmaceutical firm.
- 2009-2013: Completed a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at the Goethe University of Frankfurt.
- 2013-2016: Enrolled in a Master's program in Computer Science.
- 2015- : Working as a student TA in Computer Science at Humboldt University, Berlin.
My primary focus in Computer Science is on logic and computational complexity. My secondary focus is on numerical analysis, numerical modeling and simulation.
- Six years of coding experience, creating several small open-source tools and contributing to others, including paid development work during my studies in Frankfurt.
- Five years of experience, lately including use of the LyX Document Processor and creating technical diagrams with TikZ/PGF.
- PHP / MySQL
- Ten years on-and-off experience, mostly spent working with and contributing to the Drupal CMS. My apprenticeship in Aachen focused largely on web development.
- I have used Drupal since mid 2006 (versions 5.0 through 8.0), and have created a module that provides a BBCode text filter.
- Two years of experience creating a web-based chat client, implementing a range of XMPP features.
Other languages and technologies include Java and Haskell, versioning with git and Subversion, administration of multiple Linux machines (Debian / Ubuntu / openSUSE), manual data recovery (software-based) on various file systems including ext2 and ext3.
I have created and modified multiple free software projects that are available at http://github.com/cburschka.