cadence is a web chatroom client for XMPP.
The source is available on GitHub:
- A public web-server that can serve static files. CDN hosting is supported for resources.
- Python 2.7+ or 3+ and GNU make for the one-time installation. This can be done locally, followed by upload.
- An XMPP server with Multi-User Chat and BOSH enabled. The XMPP server does not need to be on the same domain as the web-server, and you do not need administrative access.
- If the XMPP server is an ejabberd server which you administrate,
- and your website contains a common PHP forum software (currently supported: Drupal, phpBB, SMF),
- and your ejabberd server runs on the same machine as the forum:
Then there is a bridge software called ejabberd-auth-php that allows users to log in on XMPP with their forum credentials. (This part has nothing to do with cadence.)
If the forum is hosted on the same domain as cadence, then cadence can even use the forum session to log users in automatically. Neat, huh?
Oh, and also there are ponies. Everything is better with ponies.